We understand why you like to customize your email signature but remember: consistency is important. We are all NOVA brand ambassadors so that’s why all faculty and staff emails must follow the format below, without alterations in color or size.
When you copy and paste the example below, keep in mind the font, size, and color could possibly change because we use different computers, devices, browsers, etc. Please make sure you make the adjustments needed to make sure your email signature resembles the example.
- The typeface Calibri is used to create all email signatures. If Calibri is unavailable, Arial or Veranda may be used as substitutes.
- Only your name should be in bold and size 12. The rest of the faculty and staff information should be in font size 10.
- Except for the NOVA logo, do not use images (other logos or social media icons) within the email signature.
- All faculty emails must contain the Confidentiality Notice at the end of each email. This section is size 8, and font color Dark Gray.
- Please be sure to update the email address in the template signature. You must also make sure you edit the hyperlink to point to your email address. This is important as the link will not work correctly if this step is missed.
Approved Optional Additions
The following can be included in your email signature next to your name:
- Degree and/or certification credential
- Preferred pronouns
Copy and Paste Below
Campus / Building
0000 Building Street and Building Floor or Suite, City, VA 00000-0000
000.000.0000 / email@example.com / nvcc.edu
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This email message, including any attachments, is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information or otherwise be protected by law. Any access, use, disclosure or distribution of this email message by anyone other than the intended recipient(s) is unauthorized and prohibited. If you are not an intended recipient (or an agent acting on an intended recipient’s behalf), please contact the sender by reply email and immediately destroy all copies of the original message. Virus scanning is recommended on all email attachments.